Join more than 500 walkers, runners and spectators as we all gather on Sunday,
May 6th at West Zwicks Park in Belleville for the 3rd Annual Butterfly Run.
Please be prepared for the weather, this event will take place rain or shine!!
Walk or Run...Just have Fun!
The morning will be filled with activities and celebration as we come together to raise money and support families impacted by pregnancy and infant loss in the Quinte community.
Registration Opens: January 8th, 2018
Registration Closes: May 3rd, 2018
Race day registrations are permitted but will not be timed or tracked, there is no discount for race day registrations.
There will be no switching events or transferring registrations to other participants allowed after May 1st, 2018.
Family Walk/Memorial Walk around the park, undefined distance - $30.00 *Children under 12 are free with an adult registration.
5 KM Run/Walk - $40.00
5 KM Run/Walk and the Family Walk - $40.00
10 KM Run/Walk - $40.00
10 KM Run/Walk and the Family Walk - $40.00
Please note all registrants for the 5KM & 10KM events will be given a bib. This bib has a timing device on it. This timing device is activated when you pass over the timing mat at the start/finish line. It you do not wish to be timed, don't wear your bib. Please DO NOT FOLD, CUT OR DAMAGE the bibs. If there is any damage to the bib you may not receive a race result.
Race Day Schedule
Zwicks Centennial Park - 11 Bay Bridge Dr, Belleville, ON
Route map is pending and will be updated as soon as it is available
- There may be puddles, mud, sticks and you may have to move off of the path to move around groups of runners/walkers
- Markings - we will have kilometer markers in place along the route as well as volunteers to help ensure people are following the correct path
- There will be water stations along the route. Food and water will be available at the end of the run
- Dogs are welcome, but please have them on a leash at all times in the park
- Headphones are allowed, but please be courteous to the other runners who need to pass or race staff at check points helpings with directions
- There will be many participants running in groups, please allow space for passing runners
- Strollers are permitted
- No bikes please
Suggestions of What To Bring
Be prepared for the weather. This event will take place rain or shine.
- The 5KM and 10KM events will be timed this year, all participants will recevie a bib with a timing chip on the bib. The Family Walk will be untimed. If you choose not to be timed simply don't wear your bib on race day. Please do not FOLD, CUT OR DAMAGE your bibs. Damaged bibs may result in no race results
- Race kit pick up - May 4th 10:00 am - 3:00 pm at the Belleville General Hospital Foundation office located just inside the Sills entrance of the hospital. Please bring your parking ticket in with you so that it can be validated. May 5th 10:00 am - 4:00 pm at Body Maintenance located at 444 Dundas St West in Belleville
- Please place your bib on the front of your clothing in your abdominal area so it is visible
- If you are unable to attend and you want to give your spot to someone else, please notify The Butterfly Girls in advance. There will be no switches after May 1st, 2018
- There will be No Refunds for any reason
All registered adult participants (Family Walk, 5KM & 10KM) will receive a T-shirt if registered by March 31, 2018. The opportunity to purchase additional t-shirts will be provided when you register and also on race day. Additional t-shirts are $20.00 each (limited quantities). All registered participants and children 12 and under will recieve a *finisher's medal.
* While Quantities Last
We have been fortunate to have an abundance of generously donated door prizes again this year. Door prizes will be drawn while you are running. Once you come back from running please check the table in the registration area to see if your name is on a prize.
Earn Your Fundraising Badges
When you register for the Butterfly Run, you will create a username and password that provides you access to your own personal fundraising page.
As your progress through each fundraising stage, you will earn one of these badges! If you need printable donation forms please click here!