Will You Walk 53K For Better Cancer Care?
Join us on September 23rd and 24th for
The Gaetane Harvey Memorial Walk
Please be prepared for the weather, this event will take place rain or shine!!
All funds raised during this event benefit better Cancer Care at BGH!!
8:30am- Registration, Morning Stretch and Opening Ceremonies
9:30am- Walk Begins from the Lion's Pavillion in West Zwicks Park
Evening- Day 1 ends at the Medigas Pavillion in Riverside Park
9:00 am- Final 23km begins at the Medigas Pavillion in Riverside Park
Afternoon- Walk ends back at the Lion's Pavillion in West Zwicks Park
Currently the route will be the same as in previous years. We will update you if we make changes.
- Once you have registered for the event, please request to join the closed Facebook group Gaetane Harvey Memorial Walk as information is shared to walkers and volunteers through that group, the link will be included in your confirmation email
- Everyone is encouraged to follow our public Gaetane Harvey Memorial Walk page on Facebook
- Markings - we will have kilometre markers in place along the route as well as volunteer drivers to check in on walkers and pick them up if necessary
- There will be pit stops along the route providing water, snacks and lunch
How will The Gaetane Harvey Memorial Walk Proceeds Make Care Better?
All funds raised from the Gaetane Harvey Memorial Walk will go directly to towards better cancer care at Belleville General Hospital helping multiple departments including
These funds help provide:
- Large scale diagnostic equipment for various departments at BGH that help in the treatment and diagnosis of cancer
- Provide smaller comfort items for our cancer clinic
- Medicine and treatments for those who cannot afford them
Our 2023 goal is $30,000 to get us over the $200,000 total raised for Cancer Care!
How to get the best use from your Participant Center
Earn Your Fundraising Badges
When you register for The Gaetane Harvey Memorial Walk, you will create a username and password that provides you access to your own personal fundraising page.
As your progress through each fundraising stage, you will earn one of these badges!